Board Game E-Commerce and Marketing Copywriter
Seattle, WA or Remote
Original Hobby is a fast-growing board game and hobby brand. Specializing in new board game development and resale, we have quadrupled our sales year over year, and look to do so in 2019--with your help!
We’re looking for a copywriter to join our team. The ideal candidate will join a team of performance-driven, self-starting members who are constantly seeking ways to serve our customers more effectively while building an enduring brand focused on high-quality board games and related hobbies.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and write blog posts, infographics, marketing materials, social media content, print materials, crowd-sourced campaigns, and other marketing/sales copy.
- Review and edit all content to meet SEO guidelines.
- Ability to self-edit and proofread all written assets prior to delivery.
- Take broad thematic concepts and weave them in a conversational tone into a cohesive story, without losing the nuance and detail that make our offerings unique.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring exceptional creative on time and budget.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or additional years of relevant experience
- 2-5 years experience crafting stories and writing copy that captivates and motivates people to take action.
- Experience working at a Marketing/Creative agency.
- Experience crafting authentic content across social media, video, crowd-sourcing sites, and and other channels.
- You are passionate about board games of all types: simple or complex, for children or adults, using dexterity or strategy.
- You are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You understand that in a growing company things can change last minute.
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in, and think about ways to solve problems.
If you think you are a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! Make sure that you include your resume and an online portfolio or links to previous works demonstrating creative excellence with brands.